Thursday 27 September 2012

Treadmill Olympics - oh yes we are racing biatch

So today is the only day I dont have bootcamp on which means nothing to make me get out of bed to exercise... HOWEVER I went to bed with the intention of getting up at 530am to go to BodyPump class. I even had my protein drink and fatburning drink made up in the fridge...

GOOD INTENTIONS but you know what happened

I think this was DESTINY~~  Because little did I know that pushing snooze would allow me the oppurtunity to compete in the

TREADMILL OLYMPICS!!!!

WTF is the treadmill olympics you may be thinking??

Well let me fill you in on how I was selected and took out the gold.....

So I got to the gym and decided that I would hit the treadmill at the same time as another chick. This chick was wearing a sweatband across her forehead, had her earphones plugged into her iphone and I think I could hear 'Eye of the tiger playing' (or maybe i just made that up to make this story sound better)

Lets just pretend she looked like this
but with less camel toe....

So when I walked in I obviously missed the huge banner that said TREADMILL GOLD MEDAL AWARDED TODAY...
I must have walked past the trophies that were to be given out too, cause I had no fecking idea that shit was about to get real


So without giving myself too many tickets and sounding up myself lets just say in my youth I was really good at long distance running, yeh I got trophies and a big head but thats how I rolled. So the treadmill and me go way back.. however I also used to weigh 30kg less and didnt have a bung knee... BUT the competitive fires of running were still burning in my heart, awaiting a day to be unleashed .....TREADMILL OLYMPIC DAY

It began with me jumping on the treamdill and putting it on my warm up rate not realising that the Treadmill Olympics had officially started. The girl next to me looked over and saw I was going faster than her and upped her speed... At this stage I didnt think too much of it. Yes it was weird that she kept looking at my screen but hey...

So then I went from warmup pace to lets get some calories burning. I upped my buttons and then she did the same I stopped at 9.8 and she stopped at 10. Then I went up to 10.4 and she went up to 10.6. At this stage I thought SURELY  NOT... she aint competing with me is she?? So I pushed mine up to 11 and she looked over and pushed hers up to 11.2

IT WAS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I upped mine to 11.6 and looked over at her. Our eyes met and through gritted teeth she upped it to 12!!

She was struggling big time and I knew I had to dig deep

I did the unthinkable. I pressed it up to 12.6 and sprinted like some type of wild animal was after me. I was conscious of the fact I wouldnt be able to keep up this speed and that I may be flying off the back of the treadmill into the wall any second now



So I awaited her next move

She was not the type to give up especially when it was the TREADMILL OLYMPICS!!

She looked over at my screen and upped hers to 12.6 and there we were both sprinting on the treadmill.
Now there was no way in hell I was going to be able to go faster and by the way she was breathing I knew she couldnt.. so now it was a sprint to the finish...

And thats when it happened... I heard the beep beep as she started to DECREASE HER SPEED

and I knew I had done it!!

Not only did she decrease her speed she pressed stop and jumped off the treadmill and I swear she said something like "Farking incline is broken on that one..."

I just smiled .. the smile of a champion


I had won the Treadmill Olympics.

and burned 414 cal in 20min......



2 comments:

  1. That is seriously the funniest post, and yet somehow I can relate (not to the speed aspect though!!). I am laughing out loud literally here! My husband thinks I'm nuts.

    Good for you.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy Bmdp Crystal in Europe from Prochemshop.com a highly reputed store for chem. at affordable price.

    ReplyDelete